How would you know your baby’s gender? The surest way, of course, is to either have an ultrasound at your 20th week of pregnancy and ask your OB-Sonologist, or just wait ’til you pop. But, if you still have got a long way to go and you’re really overly excited to know if it will be pinks or blues, then it wouldn’t hurt if you try out Gender Prediction Tests you can find online.
There are tons of gender prediction tests online but I should warn you – not one of them will guarantee a 99% chance of accuracy. However, I have found one very popular gender prediction test, which according to social media and parenting website forum responses, may have at least a 70% chance of accuracy. It’s the Baking Soda Test.
I haven’t found a clear scientific basis for this test. According to some online parenting websites, what you will be testing is the acid content of the pee (yes, urine). They claim that “the gender of the baby changes some of the hormones in the mother’s body” and some experts say that this is not really the case, but I guess it’s still fun to try.
I’ve tried it just recently and if you would like to have a go at it, here’s how you do the Baking Soda Gender Prediction Test…
- All you will need are: two tablespoons of baking soda, two clear plastic cups (so you can clearly see the chemical reaction), and your morning pee.
- If you’re at least eight weeks pregnant, collect at least a quarter of a cup of your first pee in the morning.
- In the other cup cup, put the baking soda.
- When you’re ready, pour your pee into the clear cup containing the baking soda and observe it.
- If it fizzes like beer or soda, they say you’re having a baby boy . If nothing happens, then say hello to a baby girl.
Here’s the result of my own experiment…
I’ll be having my 20th week ultrasound come next month. I’ll tell you if it the Baking Soda Test worked for me pretty soon.
Latest posts by LN (see all)
- Boy or Girl : Knowing your Baby’s Gender Using the Baking Soda Test - March 31, 2017
- Pregnant Again – With my 5th Kid! - March 7, 2017
- Stocking Your Garage With the Right Spare Parts - September 14, 2016