Most of us spend a lot of time inside our car so we really have to keep it clean. If not, our car will end up as a breading ground for bacteria and molds, and we would most likely suffer from a wide variety of health problems.
One of the basic ways to keep a car clean is to vacuum it on a regular basis. If you’re busy and you always keep your windows closed, vacuuming your car once a week would do – except if you have your pet inside your car most of the time.
To get you started in car cleaning, here are the steps that you should follow in vacuuming your car’s interior…
- Take out all the trash in your car – candy wrappers, plastic and paper cups, etc. – and put away all your valuable items for a while. Get your handheld vacuum.
- Pull out your car floor mats. Shake the mats over a garbage can so you can remove loose dirt and rocks. Vigorously vacuum the mats to suction off any other particles stuck to it. You can use the upholstery attachment of your vacuum or the bare hose.
- Next step is to clean the large floor areas. To give you more room, slide the seats forward or back whenever necessary. Detach the front seats if necessary – and you know how to. Otherwise, you can just use the extender and the small, narrow attachment of the vacuum so you can reach way under the seats.
- When cleaning the car carpet, use your other hand to beat the carpet or the upholstery so as to loosen the dirt and dust stuck on it. Doing so will make the whole vacuuming process easier and more effective.
- After working on the floor area, start vacuuming the rear and seat upholstery. Use the upholstery attachment for the fabric seat covers. Vacuum the cracks of the seats and use the brush attachment to clean the door panels.
- Lastly, don’t forget to vacuum the floor pedals and the areas between the console and the seats too.
Latest posts by LN (see all)
- Press Release : Richard Yap – Careful with his family’s future - October 27, 2014
- How-To : Finding and Dealing with an Attorney - April 24, 2014
- Cars and Driving : Getting the Car of Your Dreams - March 30, 2014